What if you could breathe easier and experience more comfortable temps in your home, all while saving money every month on your energy bills? While it may sound too good to be true, those are really just a few of the benefits you’ll experience when you get regular preventative maintenance performed on your comfort system.
Why schedule HVAC preventative maintenance?
The purpose of having preventative maintenance being performed on your hvac system in the spring is to get your air conditioner ready for warmer weather. After months of not being used while your heater does its job, your air conditioner needs an inspection to ensure it runs properly when it’s time to start it up again. This prevents you from needing emergency repairs when the heat is on the rise.
What are the benefits?
On top of preventing costly repairs, spring HVAC preventative maintenance also improves your system’s efficiency (lowering your energy bills each month), protects your system warranty, and extends the life of your system so you won’t need a replacement for years to come. Spring HVAC preventative maintenance also includes professional cleaning to improve your indoor air quality.
Spring HVAC Preventative Maintenance with South End Heating & Air
When you become a member of a maintenance agreement, you can rest assured knowing your system will always be performing at its best. Here are some of the steps we take and check we make on your comfort system during our spring HVAC preventative maintenance check-ups:
- Outdoor coil cleaning
- Drain line flushing
- Condensate pump cleaning
- Operational tests for all components of system
- Integrity tests for the compressor, capacitors, contactors, fans, and motors
- Limit and safety controls tests
- Refrigerant charge testing
- Line set inspection
- Temperature drop testing
- As-needed airflow adjustments
- Indoor and outdoor coil check
While becoming a member of our maintenance plan provides promise for an efficient and effective system, there are things you can do as well to ensure your system runs smoothly throughout the spring and summer.
- Regularly change your filter (every 1-3 months)
- Invest in a programmable thermostat to ensure maximum efficiency
- Keep the area around the outdoor unit clean and free of debris
- Clean the air vents inside your home
- Ensure space is cleared around air vents inside your home
- Have your HVAC system serviced twice a year: fall and spring
- Contact South End with questions, service needs, and second opinions regarding your comfort system.
The Owners of South End Heating & Air has served homeowners in the Charlotte Area for more than 10 years. We specialize in making your home or office comfortable and can keep you comfortable throughout every season!